Seller pays agency fees??

Agenais

Browsing around and came across a small property site in the Haute Savoie........it stated that the buyer does not pay agency fees, it is the seller who foots that bill.  I must be mistaken in the thinking that buyers always pay both agency and Notary fees, we always have.  The agent said that it is different in some departments.  Thought it was nationwide me-self.  Anyone else come across this?

I've seen houses with many, many (French) agencies in Haute Savoie and for all of them, the advertised price included agency fees, but not notaires fees (which obviously) have to be added. Unfortunately we never came across any agencies where the seller footed the bill. I'm surprised they get any sellers signing up with them!

It 'feels' like you're (the buyer) not paying any fees as the cost of fees is already calucated in the asking price, but the vendor gets the net price not the gross so effectively the buyer pays. Maybe they mean "additional" fees on top of the asking price?

This was the persons reply when I questioned the fee process.

To the best of my knowledge in the Haute Savoie it is not the case that the buyer pays the agency fees. To date I cannot remember such a case- perhaps if you have lived in different regions there will be some difference of policy. Very occasionally this may happen but all my sales are conducted with the seller paying the Immobilier fee and the buyer responsible for his own Notaire charges.

mmm, seems odd, it must be added in, like you say.

Notaires Fees, Immobeliers fees, all come put of the gap between what YOU1 as a vendor are prepared to accept for the house and what YOU2 as a purchaser are prepared to pay. Around us you sign a contract with net to vendeur and asking price both clearly shown but the notaires fees are paid by the purchaser.

We bought last year in Creuse - the advertised price included the agents fee but excluded the Notaires fees, the deal was struck to include the notaires fees - a good deal and all parties happy the seller even bought us lunch.

Now live down here and very happy with life

Have a nice day

james