Selling A Car - What CT Must It HAve?

tasng4

HI,

I have a Suzuki SJ413 with 6 months CT REMAINING. I can't seem to find out what length of CT a car must have to be sold. I've read that the CT must be dated no more than 6 months but I'm not sure if this means remaining or 6 months ago (so 18 months remaining).

Does this really matter as long as the buyer is aware of the amount of MOT on the car?

Regards and thanks in advance.

[quote user="tasng4"]Does this really matter as long as the buyer is aware of the amount of MOT on the car? [/quote]

Usually a car to be sold should have a minimum of 18 months CT left. If there is less than that then the potential buyer is likely to make a low offer as to him/her the lack of CT triggers some doubt as to the roadworthiness of the car.

So if you have confidence in your vehicle but are not happy to spend 60€ to prove it, then not spending that 60€ could, potentially, cost you 100s of € as regards the offer(s) you might receive.

Today's way seems to be to offer a brand new CT with the car when the deal is agreed, but before money changes hands.

CT done with no problems and the deal goes ahead.

Sue

Strictly speaking the law requires you to provide an under 6 months old CT and if it will pass one then you'd be bonkers not to put it through, even if it is on a 'when sold' basis.

If you sold with less and did not have a clear written agreement with the buyer that he accepted the car without and at his own risk your position would be seriously weakened in the event of problems emerging with the vehicle.

Example here:

http://www.lettres-courriers-types.com/news+article.storyid+846.htm