Certificat de situation administrative simple

frexpt

My daughter has bought a French registered car from a dealer in the UK. Now looking to register it her name, but although we have the sales invoice, I thought we might be missing a couple of transfer documents.

The car is still registered in the name of its previous French owner and the carte grise hasn't been endorsed "vendu", as I would have expected.

Not able to get hold of the dealer over Christmas period, but in the meantime I have found a form titled as above which tells us....

Situation administrative du véhicule - La situation administrative du véhicule ne fait apparaitre aucune particularitié: absence de gage et d'opposition.

Can somebody clarify what this form is please and whether it is relevant?

Many thanks

I hope you're not in big trouble !

Firstly the CG has to be crossed, signed, and dated by the registered owner who's name is on it, a UK dealer cannot do it.

Secondly you need a copy of the 'decleration de cession d'un vehicule' also signed and dated by the registered owner.

Now the really bad bit; at this moment you cannot legally drive the car in France and if you haven't got or can't get the  documents signed by the previous owner then you have spent your money on a car which you can neither drive nor sell !

You can drive for a month on a barred carte gris.

The document you have (also called certificate de non gage) simply states there is no reason the car can not be sold....finance, insurance write off or destruction order etc.

You need the certificate de cession as ANother states, but this MUST be filled out with the sellers name and your daughter as the buyer. If there is a previous version of this certificate where the seller has sold it to someone else - private buyer or the dealership - and they have sent their copy of this prior document to the prefecture, you are pretty well screwed. The car must be registered to this mystery person first and then re-sold to your daughter. If you can find this person and trust them, then it is possible: if not, enjoy your new garden ornament.

It was the certifcat de situation that I wasn't sure about, but that has now been clarified, thank you. I will speak to the dealership on Monday. We have bought cars from them before, so I don't envisage any great problem sorting the missing paperwork.