80 Kilometres an hour

NickP

Well after 31st October nobody in the cares what the UK and it's companies decide to do because it won't be in the EU.

Marketing and knowing Insurance law are two completely different skills. I am not putting her down, I am sure she is very good at her job, she must be to get so high up but like I said it does not make her an expert on insurance law.

It's like saying I work in the car industry so how does the engine work when I design software for driverless cars and lorries. We know what is in the current proposed regulations because we have to design systems that comply and are future proofed.

I never said my daughter was an expert on insurance law at all, but to market a product and not to understand the legal obligations I would think would be very unusual. My comments about insurance law came from common sense and I'm sure that the fact that the UK won't be in the EU is immaterial as the UK will still be in the rest of the world.

What I mean is this will be EU legislation in five to ten years time and it may well be different in the UK as it ceases to be a member and will no longer have to obey EU legislation. Of course cars built in the UK will have to have a CE mark if sold to the EU but I doubt they will be selling that many if at all. It is however early days and there are constant updates as technology advances. After all it was only two years ago that manufactures started putting GPS devices in cars to track them, bit like mobile phones.

In the UK the trend seems to be to install average speed limit cameras. First camera picks up the car and then the subsequent ones calculating the average speed over each section and if it is exceeded then a fine issued.

Howls of protest from some claiming they are not fair - in what way?

Travel on roads with these cameras and virtually everyone is driving within the speed limit.

As for the 80km/h limit - seems no one has told those in dept 31.