Car rental again

Just booked car rental again to get up to CDG airport.

Tried my trick of booking through hertz.co.uk and setting my country of residence to the UK as I had done last time, but nothing doing this time.

Tried it with Avis, and saved over €60 in car rental for the day.

I have no idea why the UK site is so much cheaper than the French equivalent, but who's complaining? :)

One of the reasons Car Hire is a reasonable price in the UK is the relationship between the Hire Companies and the Car Manufacturers.

Hire Companies ( Some are owned by the CM.s ) get over 20% discount on new cars, rent them for 6/12 months and sell them at auction at little loss, if any

This inflates the New Car Sale Volumes for the CM's and the Hire Companies get fresh stock before they look shody.

John

I would like to use this as an example to some of my French friends when they pose the question again "mais comment ça c'est possible" as they just cannot seem get their heads around the differences in pricing between the countries, they think its impossible to make and sell something for less than they do in France, there must be a catch! - Yes but you are the ones being caught!

It would be nice to show that the same car, same Hertz depot, same drop off point has a different price dependant on French or English web booking.

What was the total price of hire if you dont mind me asking and was it indeed a different drop off point?

Thankyou Mr CDL [:D]

Total price for the smallest car available (Twingo or something like that) was €38 pick up at Tours and drop off at CDG airport.

This was with Avis this time, and I did the same thing with Hertz back in the summer, for a similar price.

When I picked up at Tours last time, the guy at Hertz couldn't believe I'd got it for that price.

Limoges Airport for 12 days Car Hire ( Ford C Max )booked with Brianair link to Hertz.............. £275 unlimited mileage

Limoges Airport for 12 days Car Hire ( Same Car ) booked with Hertz Website .fr..................... 524 Euro plus cap on mileage at 2500 km with a surcharge

No comment