Save money with...

Dog

Save money with a wood burning oven...

Hadn't described this new addition to our outside kitchen having been off line for 6 months.

Our pizza oven is very efficient for making lots of pizza and then lots of bread, but it takes quite a lot of wood to heat it up.

So we found an old gas oven took out all the gas bits and the insulation plus made a few small mods and use the plate warming drawer to burn wood.

A handful of sticks cooks two large loaves - save electricity and gas!

[:D]I am tending to your view, pettersmith.  I don't find wood-fired ovens have a constant enough temperature for baking.

Now, Dog, I know you don't eat meat but such ovens cook meat beautifully....[6]

Dog, I'm so pleased to see you back and I'm only being naughty [:D]

[quote user="pettersmith"]This method is good but this will not give you the sufficient result. some food are required different temperature. so wooden oven can not give sufficient heat at a regular time.

[/quote]

I am glad you like the idea.

We have experienced a learning curve, if you want more heat use more sticks and or move object you are cooking up or down in the oven, it tends unusually to be hotter with the radiant heat at the bottom as the fire is underneath.

It is a very cheap oven as you can use an old scrap oven and it uses very little wood.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

[:D]I am tending to your view, pettersmith.  I don't find wood-fired ovens have a constant enough temperature for baking.

Now, Dog, I know you don't eat meat but such ovens cook meat beautifully....[6]

Dog, I'm so pleased to see you back and I'm only being naughty [:D]

[/quote]

We have no problems baking bread in either the pizza oven or the wood fired gas oven.

We bake bread daily and it becomes second nature.

Last night cooked a savoury pie, roast potatoes, and cherry pie with less than a log.

I too am so happy to be back in your company Sweet!

It's not the prettest red oven but it is for outside.

[IMG]http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz152/wynkindeworde/Cooker.jpg[/IMG]

Now it has proved itself it will be prettified.

Now if you want to see a really crazy dangerous contraption you should see the circular saw we built to cut logs. It uses the four stroke engine out of the rotavator and a bloomin' great circular saw we bought at a vide grenier.