Cost of Advantix

mint

Can you please give me some feedback as to what you pay for Advantix for dogs?

I'm talking about a pack of 6 pipettes for a dog weighing10 - 25 kilos.  OH forked out 44€ today at the vet's in town.

I know my name is now Mint but even I blanched at the price

If the price is about right, then you please suggest some other preparation that would work just as well?  Or do you ask for a prescription from the vet and buy it cheaper on line?

All suggestions, comments, advice gratefully received.

PaulT, do you buy this product and, if so, is it cheaper from the UK?

Thanks in advance. 

[quote user="mint"]Can you please give me some feedback as to what you pay for Advantix for dogs?

I'm talking about a pack of 6 pipettes for a dog weighing10 - 25 kilos.  OH forked out 44€ today at the vet's in town.

[/quote]

I don't know about the UK but here it is a tad cheaper than your OH paid. (You need to click on the slightly dark blue here, I have made the print larger and tried to make it bright pink but the link still comes out small and blue.)

I use this company for our cat's tinned food. So far so good, as the stress-related diabetes she developed, when she was unceremoniously cast out on the street by her previous owner's family, has not returned.

Sue

Thank you very much, Sue.  Have ordered a pack of 6.  And that's the last time we pay the exhorbitant vet prices.

Strange thing is, at Coops' recommendation, I once tried to order it from an on-line chemist in the UK but they wanted me to send a vet's prescription.  As I was in a hurry for the stuff, I didn't do it.

Poor dog needs the treatment about once every 3 weeks in this weather as it's not just the ticks but fleas also.

The cost was just 29€ 90 so I bought her some biscuits to make the order up to just over 40€ to benefit from free postage.

Very kind of you to post the info; thanks again.

Here's another place to look

http://www.polytrans.fr/chiens/antiparasitaire-insectifuge/application-sur-l-animal/11995-advantix-traitement-anti-tiques-et-puces-pour-chien-spot-on.html

We tend to alternate between Polytrans and Zooplus depending on who is offering what (I always look for promo codes)

Thank you, Pommier.  I have noted the site.

BTW, does anyone know how frequently you can use Advantix?  I found a VERY bloody tick on her tail and one on her face.  She has bled quite a bit from the wounds they have inflicted.

Once the ticks are removed, I have used Aloe Vera gel (good quality from the US) and the wounds are clean and less swollen after just the one application.

I have also noticed that the vets in town have put up their consultation fees to €30 so I shall have a scout round to see if anyone charges less than that.