advice for micro enterprise

berger

hi, i have been in france for a year and have one or two things that i would like to do eventually ,that perhaps i could put under the umbrella of a micro enterprise, would you be so kind as to enlighten me as to the basic rudiments of this, is it governed by    the amount earned in a year so it will come under a certain tax bracket or is it restricted to certain forms of work, the work i would want to do will not pay a great deal regularly and wondered if this could be incorporated with another activity , so is it up to me what i do under the micro or do i have to declare each thing and they look at them separately? i certainly do not want to go down the road of a full scale business venture yet, as i know the work i am looking at will never cover the finance needed to pay the contributions.

many thanks

monty

Hi, the micro entreprise regime is set up to cover businesses with a small turnover. No TVA is involved so you can't claim any back on materials purchased and, conversly, you can't charge any.

Whoever you register your micro with, Chambre de Commerce, Chambre de Metiers, etc you HAVE to pay cotisations to someone. We are gardeners/property maintence so pay to the MSA - nearly 4000 a year plus top-up insurance. Apart from simple bookwork another advantage of the micro is that you get a fairly good tax allowance to cover the cotisations, expenses etc. We haven't paid out an tax yet but expect to next year as our turnover has increased and we have to come out of the micro regime.

There doesn't seem much point in starting up a small business in France unless it earns enough to pay all these charges. We had problems putting several different modes of work under one umbrella (although we managed it with Chambre de Commerce) so maybe go to CdeC and get advice. It may also be worth paying an accountant for an hour's advice.

Good luck.

The limit for micro entreprise is €27,000 (turnover) so depending what your business is it is good to get the customer to buy materials etc and just charge for labour.  If you need insurance for Artisans then if you join CAPEB (€150 per annum) Groupama will give you big discounts,  our insurance came down from over €4000 to €2500.

Hope this helps.

Hello... I registered as 'unemployed' for 6 months. Claimed nowt in that time but used it to set up the business. After the 6 months were up, I registered and completed the 'Dossier ACCRE' which gave me an exhonoration from the majority of my first years social charges.

All the info from your C.C.I

Good luck.... you'll  need it!