Mobile Catering

janda

Hi all

Just mulling over a few ideas for a little extra income and I was wondering if anyone out there as any info on  mobile catering ? (req'd licences etc). You know the thing standing a market or other local event selling sarnies and drinks.

I know this is a little vague but this idea is in the very early stages of being a goer.

Ta Dave

Remember the kettle, always upto it's neck in hot water, yet it still sings !!!!!!!

Licences: no idea, but ask around at your intended marketplace (not with the food guys!) - they'll tell you.

As for offerings, anything better than greasy burgers / dogs / anything else nasty, would be welcome & potentially profitable I'm sure. Personally, never fancied anything on offer.

However, you're not going to make your fortune on it.

Pitta breads with some tandoori chicken / salad etc. Maybe some 'Chinese' type noodles with beef shreds. I don't know - almost anything would be better than most of the rubbish offered around here.

Try it: best of luck.

We know a turkish guy who started to do Kebabs and such like in a converted Trafic van and the problems he had with the authorities was huge. The whole vehicle had to be stripped and re-fitted with stainless steel everywhere,sinks,special cooker,fridges and all the usual equipment and it took ages for him to get a licence to trade in public places. He did a good trade for a while but gave it up as his charges ate into his profits and it wasn't worth the late nights and effort keeping the van going. Do your research very carefully before investing huge sums of hard earned money.