Donating a salary

tiggy

I've read everything I can find about living in France but being paid from the UK and it just sounds too complicated to even contemplate.

However, can I continue working over the internet and instead of being paid a salary into my bank account, ask that I can have it paid straight to a charity?  I'd not be earning, so I wouldn't have to declare it - yes?   Would there be complications for my employer doing this?

It's not alot of money, but it would keep me employed, and should I end up back in the UK I could return to earning the money.

Oh, and Hi - nice forum!

Do not despair.  If you are really talking about a small amount of money, then you probably won't cop for too much in the way of tax if you are receiving a salary.  It is not that complicated, honestly.  Spend a little bit on a good accountant to set you off and you'll find the system isn't too bad once you've got into it.  And my own experience suggests that the French tax people are very helpful.  Hang onto your job and do things by the book. You'll be fine.  Many are.  It is not rocket science.

This sort of thing can be addressed (up to a point) with off-shoring, but you really need to be earning BIG bucks to employ the right/qualified people to keep you on the straight and narrow.

It probably will just over complicate your life unless you have huge potential tax liabilities.

Cheers

[quote user="Collywobble"]This sort of thing can be addressed (up to a point) with off-shoring, but you really need to be earning BIG bucks to employ the right/qualified people to keep you on the straight and narrow.

It propably will just over complicate your life unless you have huge potential tax liabilities.

Cheers

[/quote]

Agree[B]