Charges Patronales

PeterC

First off, congratualtions on the excellent forum and thank you for letting me join[:)]

I am an English Teacher in Paris, currently on a Micro BNC, trying to complete 2007 Tax form.

I understand I must declare the money I made working for 2 Language Schools last year. But, this is my problem. With one of the Bulletin de Paie, I can understand, the other I can't.

For the period, the School gave me a Salarie Brut figure of 6385euros; and deducted from that Charges Salaries of 1418euros and Charges Patronales of 2776euros; from that they arrived at a figure Net Imposable of 5148euros. I have only ever received 2500euros ( approx ) in my hands.

It seems to me, reading the Bulletin from the other school, they have made a mistake, deliberately or otherwise and deducted Charges Patronales from my Salaire Brut; giving an Net Imposable figure closer to the sum I should have received.

How to I stand, legally, trying to claim this back?

For my May Tax Declaration, should I declare the sum they say I received or the sum I have actually received.

Also, they made me sign a Pour Tout Compte declaration for the final month; but, as I understand it, this only exonerates them for the final month's money detailed on the same form.

For all advice received I would be extremely grateful, as I feel a bit lost[:)]

thanks again

PeterC

Thanks for that and welcome to the forum.

Sue [:)]

Edit: Crikey you do have a problem. I do hope that someone who has experienced the same kind of thing as you will happen along soon but in the meantime ...

The good news is that IIRC this year's tax declaration is due about the end of May for paper submissions.

Sue

[quote user="spg"]

Thanks for that and welcome to the forum - so, do you have a question that needs answering ...

or a point of information you want to share with us ...

or ...

Sue [:)]

[/quote]

Hi, Sue, I tried to post a smiley, but posted by mistake.

Full question in edited post.

[quote user="PeterC"][quote user="spg"]

Thanks for that and welcome to the forum - so, do you have a question that needs answering ...

or a point of information you want to share with us ...

or ...

Sue [:)] [/quote]

Hi, Sue, I tried to post a smiley, but posted by mistake.

Full question in edited post. [/quote]

Yes it happens to the best of us ...

Sue [:D]

Welcome to the forum Peter. Someone on here may be able to advise you, but  this sounds too complicated a question for this forum. I think you should arrange a consultation with an accountant. Also find out who computes the payslip for the problem school and ask for an explanation. As Sue says, you have plenty of time to complete your tax return, don't rush.

Thank you everyone, for your kind advice.

Maybe I shouldn't have included a lot of figures, as my first question is very simple.

Do Employers send their Charges Patronales directly to l'Impots, so that the sum on your payslip that concerns you directly is just Salarie Brut - Personal Cotisiations? ( You go at the end of the year to the Hotel des Impots and make up the difference. )

I will go to the Tax Office, its just finding the time.

Nice forum, though. Hope I can contribute a bit.

[quote user="PeterC"]

I will go to the Tax Office, its just finding the time.

[/quote]

When I had a tax query last year I took my courage in both hands and emailed the main tax office for our department and received a comprehensive and precise reply the next morning; much to my surprise and delight.

Sue

I find the email service good: but to answer Peter's question, I get my tax form with all my earned income already filled in, so there must be a direct link to my employer.

I just have to add any other income, and anything from the UK for the global figure.

An email!

Excellent advice. Which I have taken.

I never had much joy in the UK writing emails to the Council, etc, so never thought of doing this in France, but I'm sure things have changed in the past 5 years.

Thanks everyone and have a nice day!