Employment in France

rustic

I have been informed,  that it is not possible to be employed in France,  if you are French,  once you are drawing a company or state pension,  but it is OK to be self-employed,  or to start a company.   Is this in fact correct?   Whether this applied to non-French folks,  they did not know.  I had never heard of this before at all,  but should clarify if I'm thinking of retiring there.  Any advice appreciated. 

[quote user="rustic"]I have been informed,  that it is not possible to be employed in France,  if you are French,  once you are drawing a company or state pension,  but it is OK to be self-employed,  or to start a company.   Is this in fact correct?   Whether this applied to non-French folks,  they did not know.  I had never heard of this before at all,  but should clarify if I'm thinking of retiring there.  Any advice appreciated. [/quote]

There are rules for people on a French pension which don't allow the amount earned from any employment, when added to the pension received, to come to more than the old salary. (this is a very rough statement, but is the basic principle)

I don't think that this has any effect on the average British retiree

Here is a site which deals with the 'cumul emploi retraite'