Electricans how much do they charge

mchphoto

I need a flat rewired 1 bedroom, and was wondering how much it is going to cost, I would need the walls to be channeled out and all switches and sockets etc to be replaced with new, there is only the metal conduits in the walls.

Do the electricans (registered) ,quote on a job rate or by the day, if so how much I have heard figures quoted for day rate from 160 to 300 euros for a registered electrican, so what is the typical rate that I can exepct to be charged (I know parts are extras, as I have not decioded upon what style yet I want) just looking for an idea of labour costs and NOT interested in undeclared workers rates

thanks

We were charged 30 euros/hour by a recommended (by the immobilier) electrican who had to repair damage done by our predecessors. There was no power in 2 of the 3 apartments when we arrived.  We found out after the event that the builder had walked off the job of the attic conversion, and left a few "presents", which we had to deal with!  All cables to the fuse box cut, gaines installed but no cables in them, and some other deeply weird stuff.  Many gallic shrugs from the electrician at the time and "bizarre" muttered at regular intervals.  All working now though[:)]

Fi

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="just john "] we are now waiting for a second devi from another.[8-|][/quote]

Now have our second quote[:-))] €8400!! including 22 Prise de courant at €67 each (this includes the wiring I believe.)
I asked a learned French Friend his advice, his opinion was that the 7k was not to be trusted with a gallic shake of the wrist, whereas everyone uses the 8.4k and he calls out with no charge and fixes everything for free after.[Www] I'm struggling to come terms with this, having had a bigger place in the UK rewired for half that amount.