STONE MASON,PRESERVATION WORKER.

prospect

Hi,me and my family are thinking of moving over from the isle of wight,We would be joining family that have been in MAYENNE northen france for around 5 years.I have been working as a stone mason restoring old buildings from manor houses to farm buildings repairing and repointing using lime mortar and enjoy every minute of it.Would anyone have any ideas of any opportunities for this type of work.I know there are many great stone propetys to work on but not sure about leaving the uk and the best way of finding more work.Also we speak good french,also would any know how much a mason charges for work such as repointing, replacing stone etc is it per hour or is it per job would be great to get some feed back .many thanks jamie

Hi there and welcome. There are plenty of threads on the forum about living and working here which you can look up. I can't give you any specific advice, but i do know that registering properly for work is very important. It does sound like your trade is one that could find plenty of work here. If you were in the Dordogne I could probably call on your services myself, and I wouldn't be the only one. Best of luck. Great that you speak French and already have family and a base here.