Micro bic...how to deregister/close/cease trading

Phoenix71011

We went back to the Chamber of Commerce where we had registered in the first place. We filled out a very simple form and they sent the information to all the relevant bodies. No costs involved. The only bit that seems not to have worked is the cotisations bit of RSI (What a surprise...). We are told that all the relevant bits of RSI know that we have closed the business, but it will take two to three months for them to get it on the computer system that deals with cotisations.

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry in advance to hijack this thread!

I was micro bic until December for my gites. I had to visit the RSI lady at the local permenance as I had received loads of mail from them that I wasn't expecting. She persuaded me to change over to AE from January, and we sent the forms off.

Of course at the end of Jan I had the avis for the first quarter micro bic cotisations. I sent this back to RSI to state I was AE. Then I had the demand, by which time I had received a letter from another department confirming I was AE, so I returned them both asking to cancel the micro bic demands. Now I have had 2 'overdue' demands, the latest is giving me 8 days to pay.

I assumed that once I swapped to AE that would be the only cotisations this year, not to pay the micro bic ones too! Can anyone confirm this? Please don't ask me to phone them as I guarantee not to get a definitive reply.

Karen