availability of materials

Chippiepat

I intend to spend some time at our place April/May for the purpose of general improvements, the installation of complete plumbing system and complete re-wire.Just read a posting that materials may not always be in stock? Can anyone forsee any problems I may have obtaining all the nessecery bits & pieces, i.e. chauffe-eau,pipe, fittings, wire fuses etc.Any advice much appriciated.
Pat

As long as you are intending to rewire and plumb to French standards you should not have a problem - I have found that Bricomarche stock everything that I have needed. Even the local hardware has a large range of bits.

Avoid Bricos and go to proper plumbing and electrical suppliers. For plumbing look in your yellow pages (probably under 'Chauffage') for a local Brossette-BTI as they are mainly self service (you have to ask someone for larger items). Omnium are electrical material suppliers whose shops are also self service. Both of these companies offer a much wider range of fittings etc. than the Bricos and you don't have to spend hours trying to open the cursed blister packs.

Regards

Charles