Idiotic question .. Radiators

Kira

Looking at the radiators which I haven't used I see that they are electric ..

Is a radiator a radiator? What I mean is .. if I got the necessary pipework done & pulled out the electrics .. could this in fact be converted to a water/gas boiler system?

How expensive are electric radiators in comparison to the other version on a central heating system?

Sorry (don't all growl at me, I am female & proud to admit it on this point!! I don't have the first idea about pipes & cables!!!) (& I didn't take offence to Barry's female driving tips!! but I'm honestly not that kind of driver, but it was a giggle)

Kira

Hi Kira, Can you add a bit more info, are the radiators "radiator" shaped,with fins perhaps, is it an electric cable from the radiators to a plug for instance, is there any sign of a boiler elsewhere in the house, are they in all rooms,how do you turn them on and off. Rog

>What I mean is if I got the necessary pipework done & pulled out the electrics .. could this in fact be converted to
>a water/gas boiler system?

The only normally water filed central heating radiators I have ever met which had an electric option were the very expensive almost sculpture style towel rails you see in very upmarket bathroom centres. Normally electrical raditors are oil filed and not suitable for conversion.