EDF

Aitch

Currently we have a petrol generator providing the electricty for our house. I would like to get connected to EDF but we are about 400mts from what I can see as the nearest supply. I raised the issue with my builder and he said he would send someone around....Still waiting! I called into the EDF office in Le Blanc (36) but because my house has never had electricity, I am not on their records. Can anyone offer some advice as to the best way to achieve connection, or perhaps get an estimate as to what this sort of work would cost? Thanks,
Aitch

LAST EDITED ON 24-Apr-03 AT 01:03 PM (GMT)

We were in a similar situation but when we went to see the EDF and asked them to send someone out to give us an estimate for connection charges they arranged an appointment (although it was for some weeks later). Like you, we weren't known to them but there didn't seem to be any problem. Did you specifically ask for a quote for a new connection? They didn't seem very dynamic in the office we visited and so maybe don't put themselves out to get new custom.

Best Regards

Alan E.