electric bathrooms

Paul Gandy

hello again.....

I am wiring my houses at the moment. One has three bathrooms. I know a bathroom need a special supply but can I run more than one bathroom from that supply... Trying to keep the fuse numbers down.

I look foward to the answer i feel I already know.... nothing is easy...is it ?

phil

French hot water cylinders are meant to have a dedicated supply with a separate two pole switch. There is a total exclusion zone for sockets and switches round the bath. There is an exclusion zone round basins, sinks etc. I did not think there was a requirement for a separate spur from the tableau for the supply to the power socket.For instance the hair dryer socket which is about 4 metres from the shower in our long thin en suite bath room is one one of the three power spurs from our tableau d'electricty.

You can legally repair existing fuse boxes but for new installations you need to install bipole differential circuit breakers.

>I am wiring my houses at
>the moment. One has three
>bathrooms. I know a bathroom
>need a special supply but
>can I run more than
>one bathroom from that supply...
>Trying to keep the fuse
>numbers down.

There is nothing in the regs that says a bathroom needs a special supply. There are certainly special regulations for number of lights, sockets per circuit and bathrooms though, such as the Volumes 0,1,2& 3 in a salle d'eau.

Can you be more specific in eactly what you mean?

Paul

I was lead to believe that the lights and sockets etc for the bathroom had to be on their own dedicated circuit/fuse.

Is it true then that the bathroom light ( in ceiling ) can be a spur from the lounge and bedroom lights for example???

And the same for the socket which I am keeping a long way from all water anyway. Can this be a spur from say the lounge and bedroom supply too??

I know that the hot water is a seperate issue etc.

While I have your attention is it true that I can have 8 bulbs on a fuse and 8 sockets from another fuse providing that its not for heating elements??

Answers on a postcard to......

Thanks phil