Velux Windows

Azila

I helped my carpenter install 5 Veluxes into our simple barn roof - just wood and tiles, no insulation etc. to get in the way. Also we were working at "ground floor" level, just a stepladder as and when needed, no high stuff.Time taken was between 4 and 6 hours per window.

HTH

John

Little more info needed, is that for someone to bring along a velux and do everything or for you to have a go and buy everything??

We fitted 4 this Spring to a barn roof used stage scaffolding and moved it along, Took off 1300 tiles, fitted windows, re tiled in 3 days (2 of us) Got the front half to do this next Spring.

Not much help i suppose but they are relatively easy to fit, especially if within reach without scaffold/ladders. Hardest bit is lifting the window in after the rest is installed

...the charge for our velux (377euros) was when we too had our roof renewed. We will want 2 more installed but were uncertain, at the time when the other work was done, of exactly where we wanted them and the builder said it would only work out about 30euros more per window for him to install them later.

Paul

Velux windows are almost universal but although the same name, Velux in the Uk is different from Velux in France. If you are thinking of purchasing your Velux windows in the UK to bring over to France, ensure that the sizes are the same. The model numbers and references for the two are the same but can vary a small amount. Both the Velux UK and the Velux FR will let you download the fitting instructions if you want to have ago yourselves. Also, the customer services in the UK were excellent with my queries so no language barriers there! However, if during the summer months you would like to have fly/ insect screens fitted, I was unable to get them in France but had them from the UK (with the proviso that they would take them back if they did not fit) As it happens they did and within the first 2 days we reckon they had paid for themselves. It worth looking at the sites both UK and France.

Regards,Aitch