Roofing

Quillan

I have done a search on this and can't find the answer anywhere although I do remember somebody posting this info some time back.

Does anyone know the price of installing a normal new roof including the wood bits per square metre.

Thanks in advance

Hello Chris

We have just had a quote for a pitched roof for a 7X5M extension (carpentry, insulation and fibro-type slates) for about 6970E (still can't do Euro's, ctrl+alt+4 gives me this:- ¬). This works out to about 200/SqM - floor space. Sounds too cheap to me... But it does come from highly recommended Maitre d'oeuvre (shan't even bother to try for the accents).

Does this help?

[quote]Hello Chris We have just had a quote for a pitched roof for a 7X5M extension (carpentry, insulation and fibro-type slates) for about 6970E (still can't do Euro's, ctrl+alt+4 gives me this:- ¬). This ...[/quote]

Thanks Nick.

If I get a few more replies we can see if your quote is cheap. I don't know why but 400€ seems to stick in my mind, I don't know where I got this figure from. You could try [Alt GR] plus the number 4 on the top row of your keyboard. There was a download from MS to give you the € if you sre running a pre € version of MS, it works for Word, Excel etc as well.

You could try [Alt GR] plus the number 4 on the top row of your keyboard. There was a download from MS to give you the € if you sre running a pre € version of MS, it works for Word, Excel etc as well.

Alt+ctrl+4 = ¬

Altgr+4 = ¬ (which is not suprising, as they are the same thing). This shortcut works for all other s/w I use (inc. the old forum).

If Piprob sends you that quote can you let me have acopy, as I am having difficulty getting other quotes myself...

Looks like you need the Euro patch go to www.microsoft.com and do a search on Euro. It will then depend on what versions of Office and exploere you have but it is there. I have installed the little patch many times and never had a problem.

With regards to the quote I would prefer that you ask piprob directly if you knoe what I mean.

[quote]Sorry, don't know about roofing...but it is Alt Gr + $ to get the € symbol. best regards[/quote]

No, that's what I am doing above ($ = shft+4, but AltGr+shft+4 won't/can't work) so, Altgr+4(or $) = ¬. But only on this forum....

Ho Hum. It's raining now, so the roof can wait anyway...

• 4 weeks later...

We had a quote for our house in Brittany to be re roofed  for £4500. It is a tiny house 8 metres by 4 metres both sides. We had the hooks replaced but have been advised that we should take the roof back to the wooden battens and new slates with stainless steel hooks.

It seems reasonable to us, but wonder whether we need new slates as well as hooks.

Any comments on this welcome.

Lyza

Many thanks for the replies.

I was really looking for the cost of a new roof but it may balance out as you guy's are paying for a old one to be taken off and the woodwork repaired so it might balance out.

Doing some quick maths it would appear that the average is around €180 per M2 for renovation. Riprob, yours may not include the trusses, they are probably mentioned elsewhere but I don't know what they are called.

The reason I asked was for a friend who is building his own house (on his own with no assistance whatsoever). He is now at the stage were he needs to put the roof on and as he has nobody to help him was looking for prices to get somebody to do it for him.

Once again thanks.