To the forum Admin....

Chris Head

Any chance of a seperate forum on wood and timber related discussions? The subject matter is huge and affects most who are renovating and building.

It would be great for pro's, consumers and diy'ers to mix and swap ideas. I personally love sharing ideas and swapping information.

I belong to a chainsaw carving forum and those who contribute range all help each other out. Subjects are wide and varied, from techniques and finishing to equipment and marketing. I believe the same principles would work well with like minded folk on the LF forum.

Anyone else interested?

Cheers, Chris

The idea has legs.

On the other hand should it be taken a stage further and have sections on Electrical, Plumbing, Fosses all subjects which come up a lot and could justify a section.

Individual sections would make it easier when looking through histroic threads for infomration

Stephen

Problem is Chris that most things related to House Renovations are also potentially huge subjects.

Look at the recent threads on solar/geothermic/underfloor/oil fired/electric/gas heating or plaster/placo/ply/lime/crepi/paint as examples.

Perhaps we should have a House Renovations forum with subtitles.

Hi, I think that there are many topics that deserve their own seperate forum, but in order to keep the forum from sprawling too much I am reluctant to include one for wood alone as there are already around 40 forums. Best to create specific posts within 'renovations' and add to it at the moment.

This software currently doesn't allow sub-forums but I am sure I have seen that the updated version due early this year does, along with other new features. Will keep you posted.