fibre glass for ceilings?

Frogslegs

Do you mean rockwool? 'horrible stuff - should be banned!

Mindyou, we have used it everywhere - it's stuffed into every gap and inside all the plasterboarded walls and ceilings except where we have used the accustic/thermal backed placo.

Use the thickest that you can get (if space allows) for best insulation and for protection wear overalls, gauntlets, hat and goggles - it makes you itch for days.

We've just taken some of this off a ceiling so I wouldn't recommend it. We put it on a new platerboard ceiling over the stairwell. I don't know if we didn't prime the new plasterboard well enough or whether it was just a question of the difficulty of access that we didn't get enough pressure but it didn't stick very well and had air bubles in it. I would be very doubtful trying to stick it to floor boards and it doesn't have much 'give'. On an ordinary flat ceiling or on a wall it's fine.

If you want to decorate between the beams we have put up lambris (cerusé finish). We think it looks good but I know lambris is not everyone's taste. A friend of mine has plaster board but with beams as unevenly spaced as ours we didn't think that was an option.

Liz (29)