1st floor conversions

ChezShells

Like many farmhouses ours hasnt been touched, has anyone converted theirs, I was thinking of maybe 3/4 bedrooms and 1/2bathrooms and/or en suites but just to start i'll probably do about 3 basic rooms, from those that have done theirs what sort of money have you spent doing yours, just to get an idea.

Thanks

hi  im doing a barn conversion ,sorted the roof out first not much point doing anything else till thats done,bought a mini digger and dumper and did the outside new fosse and filter bed and loads of drains.had a french achitect for the plans six beds six baths three lounges two kitchens ect,been doing it 18 months now ,15 living in small caravan,now have2 beds complete 1 ensuite1 with bath next door,got the main lounge done kitchen done.ive split the barn into 3 sections with 2 internal gable walls ,in the middle section we have a mezinine floor that makes a split level lounge afurther bedroom ensuite nither of wich are finished and i havent started on the third section,cant help you much with the cost becouse every one as different requirments,but dont expect labour costs to be any cheaper than the uk,they arnt,and remember if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.building materiels are not much different in price to the uk ,what else can i tell you ,expect to run over your budget as you probably will im in the building trade myself and done a lot of this work my self and im way over budget.dont think im all doom and gloom though ive enjoyed it and id do it all over again and probably will, good luck and if there is any thing specific i can help you with let me know

Our ground floor is more or less sorted, was thinking more of making 1st floor habitable, its in good condition, so opening floor for stairs, insulation, stud walls etc nothing major except maybe velux type if I was to do more rooms than have windows.