Why oh why cant we find an architect in Dept 35????

Abbaye

Hi folks, we are having a terrible time finding an architect in Dept 35 or thereabouts who:

1.  understands and supports sympathetic restoration of old properties;

2.  can speak a smattering of English.

Weve had a few come down to have a look but just not "got the right feel" for any of them.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Slacko

Exactement Teamed Up.  My other half is a mason who will be doing most of work himself so yes, an architect is a necessity, especially as the house is over 170m2.

Anyway, as I suspected, no positive responses ... the search continues.

My understanding of french planning law is that one only needs an architect if the 170 sq m is for new build. If it is rennovation of an existing building  the plans do not have to be drawn by an architect even if the area is greater than 170 sq m. So you could do the drawings yourselves or give a rough brief to a draughtsman, possibly in the UK if the language is a problem.

So who needs an architect?

My understanding of french planning law is that one only needs an architect if the 170 sq m is for new build. If it is rennovation of an existing building  the plans do not have to be drawn by an architect even if the area is greater than 170 sq m. So you could do the drawings yourselves or give a rough brief to a draughtsman, possibly in the UK if the language is a problem.

So who needs an architect?

wilko