Help in selling a property

AH

I am currently selling a property in the Dordogne and need a quick sale. Being UK resident I have appointed a local Immo to manage the sale process who I am happy with. He is managing the property in my absence and therefore controls viewings and property maintenance.

Because of the need to sell quicky, I wish to get a larger audience for the property but also have extremely limted funds and cannot afford to pay (up front) for additional advertisements. Are there any organisations which will act as an "introducer" on leads ie find potential buyers and pass them to the Immo to complete, in return for a % should the property be sold to anyone they introduce?

Thanks

Do not know if this is actually an advert for your property and my apologies if it is not.

Rightmove is very popular and do have a French section but I do not know how much it costs and if an individual can advertise.

Do you have an exclusive contract with the immo - if not you could put it with a number of other immos.

You could also look on Rightmove for agencies that do use it.

[quote user="AH"]Are there any organisations which will act as an "introducer" on leads ie find potential buyers and pass them to the Immo to complete, in return for a % should the property be sold to anyone they introduce?

[/quote]

That's pretty much the job description of an agent immobilier, if you think about it. If you haven't got an exclusive contract with your current one, appoint others alongside him/her.

Clearly I take that point. However, I am happy with the Immo - I am just wary he doesnt have a large enough catchment area. I feel there are logisical issues with making it more widely available - not least that I am UK resident and therefore he is the only local person with keys to arrange viewings etc.

I just want to see if anyone else can introduce a buyer to him and let him take over from there in return for a % should that person eventually complete?

[quote user="AH"]Clearly I take that point. However, I am happy with the Immo - I am just wary he doesnt have a large enough catchment area. I feel there are logisical issues with making it more widely available - not least that I am UK resident and therefore he is the only local person with keys to arrange viewings etc.

I just want to see if anyone else can introduce a buyer to him and let him take over from there in return for a % should that person eventually complete?

[/quote]

Seriously, the way to do it is to appoint other agencies alongside the first.

Pickles is right, employ as many immos as you can, there is only one fee up for grabs, so more the merrier. Use a mix of local French immos and some mainly English internet/local agent based operators. In the Dordogne I would imagine that companies such as Leggett's (in whom I have no commercial interest) would be fairly active, attracting considerable English speaking traffic, but there will be others I'm sure.

A lot of properties are sold on leboncoin.fr and I don't think it costs much to advertise there. Friends who'd had their house on the market 3 years, sold this way.

Just tried to look at it, and it just goes round in circles, select immobiliers, select area, search and it goes back to the home page! I remember it did this before, and I can't remember why it does or how to get into the site.

[quote user="Mrs Trellis"]A lot of properties are sold on leboncoin.fr and I don't think it costs much to advertise there. Friends who'd had their house on the market 3 years, sold this way.

Just tried to look at it, and it just goes round in circles, select immobiliers, select area, search and it goes back to the home page! I remember it did this before, and I can't remember why it does or how to get into the site.[/quote]

Not easy on leboncoin for the OP as they are not in residence in France.  It costs nothing if you stick to just the 3 photos and it's still only a few euros (10 photos for 2 months) if you buy the photo pack.

However, you do need a French phone number and be at hand to answer the phone or the mobile, even if you are going to direct the enquiries to the immo.

This is one subject on which I could speak with a smidgeon of authority as I sold our house in the Charente Maritime in 36 days at the full asking price.  And, yes, I am being insufferably complacent, sorry!

Edit: more apologies in order.  You COULD ask that those interested contact you by email uniquement.  However, I found that many still preferred to speak to me directly.  Because buying a house is not like buying a pair of secondhand curtains (and, yes, I have done that as well), I suppose that people like to speak to you to reassure themselves that there is a "real" person behind the advert and they also seem to like to ask additional questions on the phone and get answers straightaway.  Like I said, PROBABLY not suitable for the OP.