kitchen units

debbiet

We hope to be moving to the Deux sevres region early 2006.  We already own a small property and are "making do" with a very minimal kitchen as the previous owners removed what was there.  We are having difficulty finding a kitchen suitable for the space available and in a design we like.  have tried Bricodepot etc.  Has anyone any suggestions?  It is feasible to bring a kitchen from the uk or is that fraught with problems?  Would be grateful for any advice

We are/were in the same situation and found a good, modern, understated design at Castorama - we wanted it fitted for us but due to the August closedown it could not be done til mid September, at the earliest, so we are doing it ourselves - first time for 25 years!

The units are solid, well made and v easy to put together. We are very pleased with them. Also bought a Carron granite sink from them for 115€ which would have cost at least £225 in the UK!

We are renting a house til we find somewhere right for us so it was important that the kitchen be reasonably priced and saleable afterwards - in case the next tenants do not want to buy it that is - fingers crossed that they do.

Sue

[quote]Thanks for all your suggestions. Coincidently an IKEA catalogue dropped on the doormat today and I think we have found what we are looking for. I'm just about to try the kitchen planner[/quote]

Not the nicest piece of software I've ever used, but it might be some help if your space is a fairly regular shape. You'll find it next to impossible to build an island of base units, back-to-back and all the plumbing/electric sockets seem to be wrong.

Have fun!

If I was you, I would build breeze block units, put shelves where I wanted, have the work surface of my choice, I would then put lovely gingham curtains across for a very reasonable price...........as you may of gathered I wish I had done this before buying my very expensive IKEA units.....which by the way, if anyone would like to make me an offer on......Birch free standing........I'm dept 46.. Oh how I wish I had built my own....I can give you a complete listing ref the IKea cat.

Jan