Fuse box identification please

Ianhaycox

Next to my tableau in the house I've got the box (pictured - click for a larger image) and would like to know what it is please ? I think it might be something to do with heurse creuses but I'm not sure. What are the two red and green buttons for ? What's the toggle switch on the side for ?fuse-box

Any help identifying the box appreciated.

I have pressed the buttons but nothing happened.

I haven't got any appliances on off-peak power so I doubt pressing the buttons would tell me much. I'm reluctant to open it up and poke about with a multimeter as we are on 3-phase, and I don't fancy getting thrown across the living room.

Any other suggestions ?

I had a something similar which was the control for an old, disconnected well pump.

Not having the pump connected to the well (another story!), I just cut the power, disconnected the box...and now wish I'd bought a pump that I could fit to the well-pipe!

Do you, perhaps, have any such pump/well thing? If so, it could 'well' be the controller for it.

Alan

It appears to be a Klockner Moeller standard perspex type box and the stop start indicate it is a contactor start stop,

The unit would have been made to operate a piece of machinery,pump, or whatever.

Tell me inside if you have a contactor, and a overload block with a small dial on indicating amperage

If you have trace the incoming cables that feed into the contactor back to the fuse/mcb board are then on a 3 phase mcb?

You will then need to trace the outgoing ones to whatever.

If you operate the green push does the contactor lock in?

[quote]I have pressed the buttons but nothing happened.I haven't got any appliances on off-peak power so I doubt pressing the buttons would tell me much. I'm reluctant to open it up and poke about with a mul...[/quote]

hi 3 phase will not throw you across the room!!!!! no way !!!.

240 volts might do that if you are lucky.......

tri. phase just kills

no second chance

dave