my fire and safety

Advice please, I have a new Godin. The black enamel tube from it goes through the wall to outside. Problem is, it passes through first plasterboard, then is near rockwool, then stone. I have nothing around the tube as it goes into the plasterboard; I am frightened it will catch the plasterboard alight. Need urgent advice on what to put around tube on tube or whatever; Whom would I ask if I had a heating person in to do it. A heating engineer or what. Thanks I must be safe from fire; Its 14 kilowatt hank you Molly

hi

at this very moment I am installing a godin poele, and am thinking of going the same route as you.

you can get cement board or fire proof plaster board to go around the point of entry ,     rockwool  will not burn but ordinary insolation will , so do not worry on that one.( sorry it will not burn but its not recomended)

Does your sytem work? I have been reading this site again http://www.backwoodsman-stoves.co.uk/MAINMENUS/Chimmenu.html

and it warns of the pitfalls of fitting 45degree angles to the flue, so I am a bit hesitant to proceed myself , but if your set up works will carry on myself

dave

Molly I hvae been advised the following

For a non insulated flue the distance to combustiable materialis 16 cm

For double insulated the figure is 12 cm

I do not have the figures for non combustiable materials but if I find them I will advise accordingly.

Personally I beleive it is always better to have some form of metal liner for metal flue to pass through rather than make contact with stone or brickwork

Regards VJ

Dave the rules and regs for a prefabricated flue coming off a wood burner are different than a standard chimney.You can put 2 x 45 degree bends in Also the regs in france differ with regards to distances from materials etc.

For example in UK it is 2 cm with Selkirk double insulated and I have been advised it is 12cm in France.

Regards VJ

[quote]Dave the rules and regs for a prefabricated flue coming off a wood burner are different than a standard chimney.You can put 2 x 45 degree bends in Also the regs in france differ with regards to dista...[/quote]

hi

first thing do not know nowt about putting in a poele only what iv`e read on here and a few sites hence the question..

we have no chiminey where i want to install the poele so thought their route of up 45dgs through a 1 mtr thick out side wall and then 45dgs up again to the roof was what i was thinking of myself sounded a good idea but the cost of the inox tube for inner and outer ( insulated for outside ) the cost is .... yes...

so think its cost effective to go with precast  chiminey blocks (the french name escapes me at this moment) from the floor an straight through the roof , and then "tap into it " with the flue.

anyone got a better idea, hope so.

dave