Hungry Beetles

oh

Hi, just joined the site cause I need a bit of advice. I own a barn that has what Ive been told are capricorn beetles in a couple of the lager beams. Spoken to a couple of people and their opinion varies from dont worry about it to panic and run away! Just wondering if any one can give me a bit of advice on how much a beam can be eaten before its a good idea to replace it?

oh

Ive picked one of them back to solid wood, which is rock solid, but in one section its gone from a 20x20 beam to somthing about the size of a telephone pole. Having had a night to think about it, I think Ive just answered my own question and am getting my running shoes on!

bought my xylophene through local builders yard poured into containers that I supplied and it worked out about 1/2 price of supermarche etc.

[quote]bought my xylophene through local builders yard poured into containers that I supplied and it worked out about 1/2 price of supermarche etc.[/quote]

hi

this is the only problem in france with renovation work .. ie i want to kill woodwork example cost for treatment now say 99€ for 25 ltrs in say june i think when all the french treat it 40€ plus 25% free ...sods law here if it`s on promo buy  it

dave