Old-style short French bathtub?

MadameT

We are buying a new-build apartment in France and - from fond memories of my au-pair days of 30-odd years ago - I would love to have one of those old-fashioned baths: about half or two-thirds the length of a standard bathtub, but considerably deeper, and with a sort of built-in seat.  They were often combined with a tiled shower enclosure.

Do they still make or sell these baths anywhere? They used to be fairly ubiquitous - I can't recall the technical or French term, but they were wonderful - you could sit up to your shoulders in hot water and read a book really comfortably.

Many thanks for all suggestions.  But alas am no further in my search!

I relephoned the Boulougne branch of Brico-Depot (nearest to my flat) to be told very firmly that they do NOT sell a baignoire sabot. So then I telephoned the St Gregoire/Rennes branch - the man I spoke to there (it was a bad line and it was difficult to understand him) seemed to be saying that yes, they sold one, but that I should check it out in the catalogue - but he said he couldn't send a printed version to me in the post, but had to register personally at one of their branches. 

He also said the catalogue was available online, but I can't seem to find or access it - only a general and very limited site which onlly seems to offer a 'store-finder' facility.  Am I missing something here?

Would be very grateful for advice.  Thanks

Mme T[8-)]

PS - re my message above - should have clarified, I am in the UK so short of making a very quick trip across the channel to pop into the Calais or Boulogne branches of Brico Depot (or any other French stores which might sell this type of bath) I am very reliant on the internet at this stage.

Mme T

• 3 weeks later...

I know several people who have got rid of them, most were in such a horrible state that they chucked them. They always strike me as something that uses an excessive amount of water.

As Castorama sells turkish loos still, I would certainly ask them about them.