Cost of a Foss Septic

TNT

I know that to get an accurate price I will need to get estimates, but I urgently need to get a fairly good idea of replacing a fosse septic.  It is for a 6 bedroom house and there is no problem with space as the house has unobstructed gently sloping land extending about 100 meters. The land I would guess is not greatly absorbent as during a recent visit with light rain the day before, the ground was still retaining moisture close to the surface was way slightly “squidgy” As I explained, I really just need a gustimate

Thanks for you help

hi

ok you could probable  for a 3000ltr system buy all the materials including the" ingredients" for the sand filter for say €2000

the kits you can get in the brico`s  are really a starter kit  and seemed to be only geared for a piped type drainage field .

it`s the ease of access  and removing the " digout " that raises the price .

take a 6mtr X 4mtr sand filter dug out 1.2mtr deep.= 29 m3 x 1.74= 50 tonnes  to remove and put back

easy to get rid off on a large garden ,easy to put back if you can get a large lorry to tip the 30 tonne of sand back in .

with a wheelbarrow>>>>>>>>>>>

dave

We are just having one installed at the moment which meets the 2007 and will be certified standards costing 10,800, its a difficult site as its on quite a slope the soil is clay so we need massive gravel beds we had 4 diggers onsite at one point. This seemed to be the going rate in Gers for a large fosse but other peoples do seem cheaper, not sure why but now they do have to be certified so I don't know how you'd get on with a DIY job.

Happy Digging!