Where can I find......

Information of tax when getting building consent.

I have been told today, by a non professional person, that when you apply for and get building permission to build your house you will also have to pay some form of tax on the planning permission which they said was quite a bit. So my questions are these, is this true, Is ths a set fee reagrdless of size of house, where can I find out how this is worked out, is this a national or locally set rate and is there a French or English website that tells me all this as a point of reference?

As always, thanks in advance.

Yes they are the taxes you pay and they were a shock to us, I mean a REAL shock. I 'd had asked relentlessly what I had to budget for, and was told that everything covered already was 'it'. And then that bill came, the one that was never mentioned.......... and it was a lot, actually crippling at the time, what with dishonest bankers!

Our electricty cable being run in cost a lot too, seems it still does.

And then there was that extra insurance we had to take out during the build, that was dear when we took it, although as few were building then, maybe with more doing it these days, it is cheaper. It's called Assurance Domage Ouvrage.

[quote user="Quillan"]Well after the 1st Jan 2015 ammendment it woud seem they really don't want anyone to build when they quote a rate of 705€ m2.[/quote]

Except that this value is then multiplied by the taux - which it says is between 1-5%, so you are looking at 7-35 € per square metre.

[quote user="Quillan"]I thought it was a bit high. How do you find out what the rate is, by asking the mayor?[/quote]

I thought I was clever. This site claims to give you the numbers.

http://www.aude.gouv.fr/taxe-d-amenagement-r1287.html

However, the links don't work for me. It appears that you need to talk to the DDTM for the Aude. The rate seems to be a secret ...

[quote user="Pickles"] .................... this value is then multiplied by the taux - which it says is between 1-5%, so you are looking at 7-35 € per square metre.

[/quote]

That is the Communal tax, to which is added the Departmental tax of up to 2.5%. - I'd check with the Mairie [:)]