permis de construire, how long do I wait?

bigjimbishop

You should have been given a date by which the decision would be notified to you.  Normally it should be passed within two months of submission if the file was complete and if it has not been referred to a special body like the CDEC, which can cause delays.  But you should have been told about this.  If your French is up to it this site

Permis de Construire

describes all the steps and possible delays.

Hi

Our permis took almost six months to come through and we still had to wait another two weeks after before we could commence the work.  We tried chasing, but it made no difference. Hope yours is quicker!

Kimberley

Chadeniers

Just goes to show how different the experience can be from one dept to another, Kimberley.  Did you start work before the permis came through? 

I assume that as long as the permission eventually comes through it would be okay, but I don't know for sure.  May be worth asking at the Mairie.

[quote user="bigjimbishop"]It's been 2 months and no reply. Can I proceed?

For the last Dec de Trav I did I waited 1 month then started but only recieved the official permission after 3 months
[/quote]

No & no & no again!

There is no limit to the time for the rejection/approval of a permis - 2 months is the time frequently quoted, but (indeed I think it came up here a few weeks ago), if for some reason a descision can't be reached (eg if the area is being rezoned), then "they" are under no obligation to come to a descision.

Starting a building without permission could end up with you in the deep do-do. Don't do it!

Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear. Val_2 should be able to add more (if she can be dragged from another place...)

Ooh Nick,little dig there methinks(actually havn't been on there for a while cos its a bit stale and you end up talking to yourself anyway!) Decisions are NOT guaranteed within two months of submission, there are many things to be looked into and quite often other bodies like the DDE, the prefecture and those who control the littoral etc have to be informed. We on the council can disagree with certain items or the lot and then it has to go back to the person who applied to re-do and this all takes time especially when commissions only meet every so often and not every week as some folks think. Now we are coming upto our last meeting until September so any applications now will take a few months longer to come through. Anyone waiting for a decision however can just generally enquire with the secretaire at the local maire just to see if anything is waiting to be sent out etc, they really don't mind helping the public contrary to what a lot of folks think as they are government fonctionaires.

Sorry forgot to say DO NOT PROCEED with any work until you have those all important papers through, besides you have to display by law the permis number on a site board and you will not get that until the papers arrive anyway. Work started can be made to be put back if your application is refused.

Hi Cassis

No we didn''t start work before the permis came through, two reasons, one the architect told us definitly a no-no and secondly, we didn't want to queer the patch! When the permis did come through and the JCB arrived, we had nearly half the village popping round to see what was going on so it was just as well we hadn't started before permission was granted!

kimberley

[quote user="Val_2"]Ooh Nick,little dig there methinks(actually havn't been on there for a while cos its a bit stale and you end up talking to yourself anyway!) Decisions are NOT guaranteed within two months of submission, there are many things to be looked into and quite often other bodies like the DDE, the prefecture and those who control the littoral etc have to be informed. [/quote]

Hi Val

To be fair, I don't think anyone said that 2 months was guaranteed, only that it is 'normal' unless the application has to be referred on or there are complications involving the request (or the file is incomplete).

I'll always talk to you [kiss] but that's probably equally stale.

There might be some question on what you wrote on the form. We sent in a Dec de Trav. for a swimming pool ( which we never made) and I had written as answer to the question about the numbers of the parcelles we own " 203-208". We planned to put the pool on 204. So the DDE spent ages trying to work this out and contact us. Finally they called us in. (after the summer holidays) and said " 204 doesn't belong to you. Are you buying it from someone?" Then we explained that 203-208 included all the numbers between. It took 5 months that time. Pat.