Concrete floor and plumbing !!!!!

expat paul

Hi,

I'm renewing my shower-room which had a tiled concrete floor with all the water and waste pipes in the concrete. I have removed all the tiles and dug out the trenches and removed all the copper and waste pipes
for the reason :- the tos*** who installed the copper, bent the pipes over his knee and kinked the pipes, ie not much flow so rubbish shower . and a interesting taste in tiles.

So now I have to replace, I would like to use plastic water pipes because concrete likes copper and there will be no joints, good idea or not ?

I know its not the ideal option, cos I will be laying ceramic floor tiles, but, can I bury the 40mm waste pipe with a Y connection (solvent glue type) for sink and shower waste. Is there a problem with this ? other than the obvious, making sure the glue joints are very good, do I need to protect the pipes / joints with anything ?

maybe the power of prayer against leaks !!!

thanks

Paul

All sounds good to me - I plan to do the same, although I will use copper pipes for the water, protected against reaction with the concrete by covering with insulation. I believe that there is no problem laying PVC pipes in concrete - it is common practice here and in the UK, especially for toilet wastes.

Warren