MDF Suppliers

Simon

I can't seem to find a price for MDF (medium?) sheets online anywhere, I know Point P carry them but their site does not give the cost.  What can I expect to pay for something say 2.8m x 2m x 19mm, or longer if possible?

Regards

Simon

Don't know the cost but its readily available (wide range of thickness's and sheet sizes). Bricos sell them (purchased some in Leroy Merlin a few months ago).

A lot of the materials web sites do not give pricing. Every time I buy quantities of sawn timber the price has changed (some going up, other sized price decreasing). Also, builders merchants (e.g. Point P) has a wide range of pricing depending on who you are (and then there are the "kick-backs") - so not targeting an RRP market.

Ian

[quote user="Jonzjob"]You are 1 up on me Simon. I didn't think you could get MDF here. I'll have to look in our Point P. I don't like the stuff, but it's much better than chip board for some things. (Oh dear, that should get me in stuck with Chris H? [:-))])[/quote]

No I am not fond of it for most applications, but ripping it down, and routing it for skirting board is cheap and effective.

Regards

Simon

I know Chris, but I haven't been able to find any freshly caught kippers since we've been here either? Nuffin like them fresh from the sea, yum, yum [8-)].

One of the things that I used MDF for in the U.K. was making small boxes for things like my Pyrography kit. Dead easy and it keeps the stuff safe. There, you knew I would have an excuse didn't you?