Green plasterboard in en-suite

Lindnarden

Hi there (again)

After the resoundingly good advice I received re shower tray I have another question The en suite in question is about 2m x 4m with the shower area up one end - all four walls and ceiling will be plasterboard, tape jointed and plastered then painted with bathroom style paint or tiled around the shower.

Do I need to use the green plasterboard for the whole bathroom or just the shower area  / adjoinijng walls / ceiling ???

cheers,

K

[:D]

Somewhere on here, there was a thread about from a forum member doing some interior work on a French home.  They too balked at the extra cost of placau marine and he was not prepared to guarantee that part of the work.  Says it all!  Btw, it did not seem all that pricey from Point P - have you tried them for a cost?

I will probably be doing some plaster boarding soon and have a couple of related questions:

Is the green stuff much heavier than the standard stuff ?

Also, when I last did a load in the UK I used foil backed plasterboard where there was exposure of outside air (i.e. in roof, etc.). Is the green stuff the French equivalent of the foil backed or is foil backed availabl3e as well (or do you use something else) ?

Many thanks

Ian

It is not noticably heavier to my untrained arms/back and other parts of my anatomy used to prop the stuff up!  Don't know about the foil-backed stuff.  The green (marine) platerboard is - as far as I know - for rooms with high moisure posibilities such as bathrooms - it does not double up as roof insulation.

The foil backed stuff I used in the UK (quite a few years ago) had a thin foil layer on the "outside" (i.e. not the side you see) to protect against external moisture (not and insulation thing). I used it (had been told to use it) where the external surface of the plasterboard was in contact with outside air (e.g. in roof spaces - even though there was rockwool resting on the plasterboard insulating the room).

Ian