Declaration de Travaux

lespins

I have read some of the past threads in relation to this topic but could someone answer the following.

I together with my brother (UK builder) plan to start work on a complete barn renovation in the Haute Vienne on 14th May 2007. When do we need to apply to the Mairie and even though we are carrying out the work ourselves what details do we put on the display board outside the work area?

Any help would be greatful.

By the way Excellent forum !

If the total area is more than 170sq. m. you will need to get architectect's plans (french qualified) so better start now. You would then apply for permis de construire. Maybe an idea to speak to the Maire or his secretary first to tell them your ideas and make sure there aren't any particular problems relating to your project. Can take a few months. Other people might add to this. Sorry no idea about your second question but have a feeling it may not be straightforward - Pat.

A good architect should be able to do the permis for you and will tell you what to put on the board.  You can buy blanks (boards) at places like Point P and then fill 'em in!  It took us 6 weeks from receiving the plans and paperwork to getting the permis - but this varies from Mairie to Mairie.  I'm sure that  a French architect's name, plus the fact that all the paperwork was bang on first time, really helped.  As a rough idea he charged us 800 euros for the plans and the paperwork for a loft conversion.

Because you are converting a barn then this constitutes a change of use so you will need to submit a permis de construire rather than a declaration de travaux.  If your habitable surface area is under 170m2 then you can do all the drawings and forms yourself - not particularly difficult if you speak a bit of french.  Otherwise you will need to find an architect - expensive and could involve a fairly long wait. 

Sorry still a bit new to this.

I have a  CU and Permis to Construire and as the total property area exceeds 170m2  this has all been completed by a French Atchitect.

When I submit the DdT do I have to place any notice outside the project and if so what are the timescales involved?

I will be visiting the site in March prior to the work commencing in May and hope to submit the forms then I hope this will be enough time for any objections.

Thanks for the info so far

Are you saying that you already have your Permis de Construire?

If so you complete the details from the permis and should display the board ASAP. The easiest thing is to buy a board from your builders merchant which will be preprinted with the requirements as shown below. The law states that the board should go up when permission is granted. .The neighbours have 2 months in which to object from the date permission is granted ( or the date from which your sign is displayed).

If all your work is already covered by your permis there is no need for any declaration, other than completing the form that came with the permis to notify the authorities that work has started.

Dès l'obtention de votre permis, en application de l’article A. 421-7 du code de l’urbanisme, vous devez afficher sur votre terrain un panneau rectangulaire d'au moins 80 x 80 cm, lisible de la voie publique pendant toute la durée des travaux, indiquant :

• Le nom ou la raison sociale

• La date et le numéro du permis

• La nature des travaux

• La superficie du terrain

• La surface de plancher autorisée

• La hauteur de la construction exprimée en mètres par rapport au sol naturel

• L'adresse de la mairie où le dossier peut être consulté

Pourquoi afficher ?

Permettre à toute personne intéressée de consulter, dans les locaux de la mairie, les pièces suivantes du dossier :

• La demande complète de permis de construire : formulaire de demande, pièces jointes, plan de situation, plans de masse et plan des façades ;

• Les avis recueillis au cours de l’instruction ;

• L’arrêté accordant le permis de construire ;

• Les contrats ou décisions judiciaires en matière d’institution de servitudes dites de cours communes ou de minoration de densité sur les fonds voisins.

Pour éviter que votre autorisation puisse être contestée au-delà d'un délai de deux mois. Le délai de recours contentieux à l'encontre de votre permis est de deux mois à partir de la plus tardive des deux dates : date d'affichage en mairie et date d'affichage sur le terrain (art. R. 490-7 du code de l’urbanisme).

Thank you for the information, things are a lot clearer now.

I have had permission from the Mairie for some time and have not put any notice outside to let the neighbours know.

I will do this soonest and I believe all I have to do then is submit copies of  'Declaration d'ouverture d'un chantier' and 'Achevement  des travaux' prior to commencing and completing the actual works ?