End of building works- declaration?

westland

I wonder if anyone could tell me  what is required in the way of forms etc. at the end of building work and if we should expect to receive any confirmation that the authorities are happy with what has been done. 

We have received a letter from the tax department along with the H1 form for us to complete.  The letter states that "the building work is now finished" and I assumed that the builders had sent forms off to the Mairie to state that the work was complete and that this had triggered the letter from the tax dept.  However, the project manager has said that they have not done this and that the fin de chantier forms have to be completed by us.

Thanks Kate.

Kate .............

To the best of my knowledge, the H1 is all you'll have to complete - it's generated automatically as a result of the Permis de Construire that you would have originally submitted.

If the work is indeed complete, then it's a straightforward form to fill in.  If you've still got work outstanding, you can say so (and approximately when) and then send it off in due course.  Oh and yes, you'll get a one-off tax hit (but no idea how it's calculated!)

When we got our permis from the Maire she also gave us a form to fill out when we had completed the work.  This in fact just needed to be signed and dated and sent off I think.  We also got the nasty tax bill but you do get to pay it in two instalments.  The first instalment is 18 months from the date of the permis and the second is 3 years.  You won't get any reminders in advance, just a surcharge if you don;t pay in time - we just forgot ours and got 19 euros whacked on top.

Thanks for the info. have done the H1 so will now wait for the tax bill.  Will need to check with the Project Manager what happened to any forms they got at the beginning as they completed and sent off all the permis application forms etc. on our behalf.  Was just a bit concerned that there might be  penalties for not getting this off at the same time as we nearly had our permis annulled when we were part way through the work as one of the regulations had been missed by the Maire.  I wouldn't want to give them any reason to object again.

Is there usually a visit to check if everything has been done according to the permis?

No.  It's not like building regs in the UK where they check everything stage by stage.  Once you have your permis you can go ahead and do as you please.  We did once have a guy come round just to double check that we weren't extending the footprint of the property.  OH invited him in to have a look at the work but he wasn't interested.  Just wanted to make sure that we weren't extending the property beyond the bounds that we had a permis for.

[quote user="westland"]

Is there usually a visit to check if everything has been done according to the permis?

[/quote]

Rather doubt it - these guys are tax collectors, rather than building regs or anything like that.  I rather guess that if what you declare (in terms of the finished state of the property) fits with the PdC that was submitted, then it'll get a tick and that'll be it.

Only problem is that if you complete the H1 accurately and honestly (which I did and you may well feel it would be prudent to so do), then any previous improvements or false / nil declarations (before you took ownership) will catch up with you tax-wise.  I don't mean that you'll be asked for any back-tax, simply that your TdH might well increase significantly. 

That's exactly my fear.  I'm sure that the Parisian who added an extra bedroom and a kitchen/diner to our property never declared it.  He can't have done, our TdH is so ridiculously low.  Now that we added extra rooms as well I'm expecting ours to at least triple, if not quadruple!!!  [:(]

I'm not sure from what I've read here whether the OP or the builder/project manager has actually sent off the declaration of completion of works - this has to be completed and given in at the Mairie when the work is finished.  It comes as part of the permis de construire documentation when you get approval for the works.

[quote user="Coco"]That's exactly my fear.  I'm sure that the Parisian who added an extra bedroom and a kitchen/diner to our property never declared it.  He can't have done, our TdH is so ridiculously low.  Now that we added extra rooms as well I'm expecting ours to at least triple, if not quadruple!!!  [:(][/quote]

Coco - does the habitable surface on your taxe d'habitation form match your actual living area?  That should give some indication of whether any extension by the previous owner has been declared at the centre d'impots.  Should this have been checked at the time of purchase?

[quote user="Cassis"] the declaration of completion of works.
[/quote] Thanks for the reply, I have managed to download the relevant form.  As other postings have said this is just one sheet to be signed and dated as to when the work has been completed.  I note that it includes the outside works such as enduits, painting, fencing etc. so it won't be going in as early as the H1 which answers one of my queries.

There seems to be a three month period after this when we may or may not hear of a decision.  If we don't we can apply for a certificate of conformity.