Stiff neck

Simon

We bought one from Lidl a few weeks ago and I've just been to the garage to check the label!

It says 'support téléscopique de plaque de platre'.

From a previous discussion here (try a search in the renovation forum) Lidl is much much cheaper...

I've also seen them on the mobile vans (Outiror and the like).  Make sure you're happy with the quality though before you buy.  Bought a bit of stuff from Outiror (I'm now a gold client - wow. I think you get this status when you buy 1 item!!!) and the stuff is mostly mediocre, but useful for the 1 off jobs.

Easy to make a pair of DEAD MANS HANDS. Cut apiece of batten about 10mm longer than floor to ceiling measurement. screw on a piece of batten about750mm long to make a T . brace one or both sides. at 45%, If you put one edge of board in place you can prop it up with one T and the push the other end up about  with the other T Place it 600mm in so that the board doesn't sag in the middle. You can move it to get a tight joint fit,then screw up your board with fast-fix/plasterboard screws.Making sure you don't break the paper surface. Or you can use galvanised clout nails. The extra lenght on the T's  from the floor gives it the pressure  to hold the board in place.

Regards.

[quote user="Simon"]I've given up trying to plasterboard the ceiling without assistance, does anyone know the french for plasterboard adjustable prop and where I can get a pair?

Regards
Simon

[/quote]

'ma femme' - but you definitely don't want more than one!