underfloor electric matting

richyrich

Been searching this forum, with little success, for any information regarding electic underfloor heating. We want to install the matting in our bathroom only about (8m2), before we renovate. My 2 questions are:

1. Does anyone one know any Bricos which supply the Matts, or do we need to import from UK.?

2.Has anyone used this company http://www.warmupfrance.fr/fr-le-concept.phtml, and are they any good?

The concept still seems relatively unknown here in france, I hope there are no funny building reg's!!

Thanks for any imput.

I have seen this for sale in Brico Depot along with the associated gubbins like the under matting and thermostat/timer.  A little more expensive than Screwfix but not much more I recall.  Also I think that the regs require a thermostat, it would be a good idea in any case.

I can't believe this isn't widely available in France, since BOTH the books on electrical installations in France that I have bought * contain chapters on it's installation and connection.

* Maitriser l'Electricite

*L'Electricite Pas a Pas

Both in Paperback from Leclerc.

I have used the English Warmup in the UK and I find excellent.

Comes as a kit with the heating element, thermostat and floor paint etc.

Looking at the French site it seems identical and the English link goes back to the UK stuff so I assume its the same Europe wide.

Easy to install and works well.