hot - tub

jim

Our Jacuzzi holds 650L of water and weighs about 250Kg with all the pumps etc. This is the best part of a tonne with me and the missus in it.

If you are planning to put this much weight on anything other than the ground, you will need a good structural engineer to look at the existing structure (which will need beefing up), or a builder to build a support from scratch.

thanks Nick,

very practical & useful advice; I guess we are looking at something about the same size. ie just for the 2 of us.

We live in the Languedoc, near Beziers; any other tips on how to seek out the " reputable professionals" would be very helpful,

Jim

Just try it.

1) Place your tub on the terrace

2) Fill tub with water

3) Sit in the tub

If after 30 mins you the tub et all are still on the terrace then its ok. If you have crashed to the floor then it is not....!!!!

Sorry could not resist it.

Obviously you do not have the tub yet. So as suggested 'size' you tub. Determine the weight of teh tub and maximum contents then as suggested seek proffessional advice.

I am actually facing a similar problem indoors with a large bath and joists. I will seek proffesional advice/calcalations. Bit embarresing falling through the floor onot guests below.

Thank you LG,

Yes it should be possible to get all of that information and will do so on our return to France in February before progressing towards aquisition. One of the current issues is the need to protect the membrane underneath the terrace tiles by coating grout annually to prevent small cracks allowing rainwater to penetrate bedroom underneath; a more durable method would alleviate wear on my knees also !!

Jim