TOWN GAS CENTRAL HEATING

CeeJay

After much thought and searching through this Forum I have decided that next summer we shall have town gas central heating installed. We already have a fairly new 150litre balon for the water so that element would not be required.

Does anyone have a ballpark figure for the installation of a chaudiere and 8 radiators.

Hi

We had town gas connected last year. The cost of connection by GDF was around 350 euros.

At the same time we had a very fancy condensor boiler fitted. This is to run potentially 20 odd radiators and was fitted for 6000 euros.

We get all our hot water for free when the heating is on. If you have this type of boiler fitted you can claim back 45% ish in a tax rebate (assuming you are paying tax).

I would think you are looking at around 5000 ish if radiators need to be fitted and connected as this is the time consuming bit.

It is best to get your plumber to handle the inspection by EDF of the new installation as they will have to certify it before the gas can be turned on.

It may seem like an expense but well worth it in the long run.

[quote user="muscoka"]

Hi

We had town gas connected last year. The cost of connection by GDF was around 350 euros.

At the same time we had a very fancy condensor boiler fitted. This is to run potentially 20 odd radiators and was fitted for 6000 euros.

We get all our hot water for free when the heating is on. If you have this type of boiler fitted you can claim back 45% ish in a tax rebate (assuming you are paying tax).

I would think you are looking at around 5000 ish if radiators need to be fitted and connected as this is the time consuming bit.

It is best to get your plumber to handle the inspection by EDF of the new installation as they will have to certify it before the gas can be turned on.

[/quote]

Could you gived some kind of idea of the standing charges involved? I'm looking at a gas cooker/combi bolier setup combined with a 6kw electricity supply.. Are there "combination tarifs' with gas and electricity taken together?

[quote user="muscoka"]

Hi

[/quote]

Actually, I'm pretty sure that as long as you are a permanent resident in France - and therefore fill in an annual tax declaration - you will get the money even if you don't pay tax.

GDF, surely ?

p