Recommendations?

If your still based in UK , you need to re check the tax situation on Capital Gains tax as you will pay it in both countries, from my understanding its 16% in France in the first 5 years and the the money wether its brought in to the uk or not will be taxed as well as a UK resident, there are lots of posts about this in the finance section , just use the search facility in the top right corner.

Notwithstanding the tax issues you'd do well to try and dismiss any preconceived comparisons between the UK and French property development markets as they are radically different.

In UK buying a plot and building a house or renovating a run down property is almost guaranteed to rake in a handsome profit whereas in France you could find yourself with an end product worth no more than the sum expended on it, this can especially apply to a renovation where cost's can too easily escalate out of control. Also, if you intend to build or renovate in France, it's absolutely crucial for someone to be on site 24/7 whether it be yourself or a hired project manager.

Bear in mind too that a new build is likely to appeal more to French buyers than to expats so it would need to be designed and constructed with that in mind.

Good luck with whatever you decide but do make sure you go into it with eyes wide open...!

Lex

If you have money for property development you are probably better off doing that at home where you can manage things.

Combining options 1 & 2 could be fun for you, but do not expect to get rich quick.

For property development in France, the least you need is to speak good French and to know the market.

Option 3 seems impossible without living and managing on site.

Bon chance.

I agree with all the other posts. My advice would be to buy a cheap UK house at auction and renovate then sell on or rent! This is an easier and more profitable exercise! French property and land sales are not your answer!