CLS timber

caz

I think they call it "Bois de charpente séché au four" , kiln dried softwood timber.You can get it in the sizes used for stud partioning ie 75mm / 50mm or 100mm / 50mm . Obviously more expensive than the non-kiln dried timber but less likely to warp and twist.

I've used the cheaper timber , (rough sawn) in partion walling in my renovation with no problems.

I know the French use the metal channel system or blocks for internal walls and very rarely use wood studding , probably for the reason mentioned by the previous poster.

A few years ago but I have seen some in Leroy Merlin but my goodness was it expensive.  Can't remember exactly but I do know I was taken aback by the price as I had bought some in Wickes the week before and could compare directly (think it was about 3 times the price!)  Next time I came over I bought a boot full with me - fitted in a Mondeo estate no problem.

Hello

thanks for the info ,my father in law is going to be doing the work and has always used CLS .... however I have been told a few times now that the french metal framework is both easy to use and cheaper  

thanks again for a speedy reply  

regards

Carol