Buying white goods online from OPOPIS ?

Hi..

I was wondering if anyoune had any experience buying through this company? They have good customer reviews often stating that goods are delivered sooner than the 10-14 days they say. My situation is that I need to have a cooker, fridge, dishwasher & washing machine all delivered during a 2 week 'window' when I'll be at the house..

I beleive that they order the products 'sur comande' and then deliver them to you. Potential problem with 3 different manufacturers as in my case? I was planning to place my order around 14 days before leaving and hoping they all come together in one delivery.. Or am I hoping for too much here.. ?

Thanks for any experiences..

PS I'd also be interested in any feedback re IKEA deliveries too - ie from ordering to delivery, how long this takes? ( Toulouse or Montpellier branches ). Or should I just hire a van & collect.. ?

I cannot vouch for Oposis.  I did look at online shops for our fridge-freezer and washing m/c but ended up going to Darty (slightly more expensive) as I wanted the confidence of a human to use my basic French on.  Delivery to the house was as expected except for them calling my mobile to arrange a rendezvous (they could not call international numbers) & the house is not exactly easy to find!.

I would also not as you say, "hope" that they all arrive together - just request this at the time of ordering.

As for IKEA, deliveries are not cheap.  We hired a van from IKEA at the Toulon store (much cheaper than delivery, but take a lot of Euros - the deposit was 700 Euros in April) or, as you suggest, hire a van where your house is and then you do not have to do two trips (as we did).

Bonne Chance!

Hi,

I have not used this company but have twice tried to order good online from companies that do not hold much stock and order from manufacturers when you place the order. In both cases it was a bad experience. If there is any problem with thier order then, as in my case, the delivery time went from 10-14 days to 6 weeks. I cancelled the orders but wasted a fortnight in the process.

I have recently used these online suppliers and was impressed with both.

http://www.discounteo.com/index.php

http://www.webdistrib.com/cat/home.php

Discounteo -from my understanding they do not display goods on thier website unless they have them in stock. As a result a large fridge freezer was delivered 4 days after I placed the order. Again with webdistrib I ordered a cooker that showed in stock on thier website - 8 day delivery. Good communication and service from both companies.

Just my personal experiences. You may find OPOPIS fine and there is no saying that my suggestions woud be any better.

Bon chance - Tony

We bought all of our white goods when we moved over here.  Rather than risk any problems with delivery, we just bought the lot from our local GITEM shop.  Prices were comparable, we got a bit of discount, and everything was delivered within a couple of days.  The guy plumbed in the washer and dishwasher - he had to modify the kitchen plumbing first - and all free of charge. 

We subsequently found a water leak in the kitchen which appeared to come from the dishwasher and called the shop.  The guy came round within an hour, stripped down the unit, then found that the leak was actually due to a fresh split in our sink trap.  Despite our embarassment, he replaced the trap for us - again free of charge with no call out fee.

Local service every time....[:D]

If further confirmation is needed, here is my experience of this company:

Ordered goods with deadline for delivery, credit card debited

Company advised goods not available for deadline

Cancelled order, asked for refund

Refund eventually received, 4-6 weeks later.

Avoid!