Best Buy Macerator

HoneySuckleDreams

I have had good results and no problems with a cheap and cheerfull Bricodepot toilet with built in macerator, I paid about 167 Euros but there was a cheaper model.

They also do a stand alone one like a Saniflow if you want to run a shower or washbasin into it, its a lot cheaper than a Saniflow, might be worth a punt as most manufacturers that once had a good name just use that now to charge more for the same mass produced chinese products.

Perhaps there are still some "brand name" manufacturers out there that still design products and control the quality in the sub-contract Chinese factories (if not still making their own products) if so then I am being unfair to them, its just I havnt seen any evidence of them for several years, plenty of evidence of the above though!

we have a self contained macerator,bought from Castorama.Only does the wc though.Noisy it certainly is,with the suction effect powerfull enough to pull a huge bum down the pan if  of a tight fit.Would not have one again!!!Sounds like the one on aircraft and ferries.Doesnt give much privacy in downstairs rooms.  Maude

Thanks for the above information.

I've found the original thread now (once I spelt Grundfos correctly).  Unfortunately I have no choice but to use one so I will be of to the plumbers merchants next week to have a rootle through what they have to offer. The Grundfos one I am looking at seems to be a little expensive so I'll look at the brico marques as well.

• 4 weeks later...