Wood burners and tax refund

Carole

I understand that even if I do not pay tax (due to small income)!! I will still be sent a cheque for 50% of the cost of a wood burner if it is professionally installed by an artisan and I declare it on my tax return. I purchased my house 02.03.07.

Was thinking of buying and installing one from a local company or from Leroy Merlin who would also install it.

Is this true about the refund?

If it's for the wood  burner alone and not for the installation or the associated parts then yes. I am waiting for this years tax forms to arrive to claim my rebate.

I believe that you must have the same company that you bought the appliance off to do the install  and if you  don't have tax to pay then expect a cheque in the post.[:D]

[quote user="gosub"]If you are a resident and tax payer in France, you have the original receipts from a french registered company then why not.[:)]
[/quote]

So long as you make tax declarations in France that's the important thing, it doesn't matter if you are a second home owner and not a full time resident in France.