Real estate market in India: a booming market

Ikobo

India has made a radical shift from a predominantly agrarian economy into one of the fastest industrializing economies in Asia.  While the developed countries took a long time for this change, India took such a short time and has now earned world wide fame as a IT (Information Technology) power house.  The investor’s confidence in this booming economy is partly due to the rise in foreign exchange reserves and also due to the huge investments being made by the leading multinationals of the world.

The booming economy has led to a boom in the real estate sector as well.  The real estate market in India  is now growing by leaps and bounds with more players entering this profitable sector each year.  The demand for built up living and office spaces in India has always outstripped supply.  Analysts predict that this demand-supply mismatch is there to stay for a long time to come.

In up market areas apartment blocks and office spaces are sold out in record time and mostly on first come first served basis.  Even before construction begins on projects in some key areas, the entire built up space on offer is literally sold out. 

Increased urbanization is the main factor that has led to the booming real estate sector in India.  In almost all states in the Indian Union, certain cities and business localities has been able to attract much business and investments.  The real estate sectors in those cities are the most costliest in India today.  The real estate prices in some areas of Mumbai, the financial capital has now overtaken the cost of real estate for a particular area of land in the U.S and other European countries.

Post edited by moderator to remove link

• Please do not advertise or post your personal details, products or services on the message boards. Any advertising without permission will be removed.

Yet there are very large sections of Indian society who are very, very poor.  I support a charity which tries to give so-called "slum" children the opportunity to attend a free school until they are 16.  The reports I received on my sponsored child's family circumstances would have made a stone bleed.

Am I missing something? Is this message in a code I don't understand?

I got up early to do some renovation on my French house and came to the forum for some info on renovating my house. What with it being a 'House Renovation' forum...

I think you know where I'm going with this.

This first post by Ikobo is probably it in the wrong forum. Is there an 'Indian Real Estate Marketing' forum in LF?

Tom

Alas I fear this first time poster is under the belief that the members of this forum like to purchase property with the intention of making massive financial gains - such as those seen recently in Spain, Florida, Romania and Bulgaria - hang on, that would be massive losses!

We buy in France because we love it - not because we want to fleece it.

Rant over, Dan.