'Dot and Dab' plasterboarding

Beemer1150

In the UK I once lined a room using a method which a plasterer showed me and called 'dot and dab'. You apply five or more large dots of a special thick adhesive on the back of the plasterboard and dab the plasterboard it in place. Any irregulariies in the old plaster being taken up by squashing the 'dots' until everything lines up. Simple, quick and no need for any timber supports.

Can anyone tell me whether this system is used in France, and if so what the materials are called?

MAP for sticking board to a wall. Mortier Adhesif Platre (IIRC), just a word of caution though, it needs to be much more than 5 dabs on the back, more like 25 for a full sheet of board.

And the biggest thing to be aware of, is: if the wall (that you are sticking the board to) is in any way damp, the MAP will absorb and pass the damp through to the back of the board, and will in time lead to an awful small of mould, the cardboard layer on the board will rot away over a few years, and your board will no longer be secure. If you have a spare 5 cms, much better to use metal rail and fix the board to that.